Practical Risk Appetite and Risk Tolerance
Risk appetite defines the boundaries of risk an organisation accepts when setting targets and making business decisions. It has a crucial role in effective risk management, but is a complex area which involves balancing competing interests. IRM's two-day training explores the amount of risk your organisation is willing to seek or accept to achieve its objectives. We give you the theory behind risk appetite thinking and the hands-on skills and practical knowledge to build an effective risk appetite framework to benefit your own organisation. You will learn precisely how to analyse risk appetite and the tools to implement this key aspect of risk management in your role.
|6-7 July 2020||2 Days||12 hours||London||£895*||£995*||Book now »|
|12-13 Oct 2020||2 Days||12 hours||London||£895*||£995*||Book now »|
* All courses taking place after 1st January 2018 will be run through IRM Trading Limited. Those taking place within the UK will also be subject to VAT.
For all enquiries please contact the training team on +44 (0)20 7709 9808 or at email@example.com
Who should take this course
- Organisation leaders & managers who want to understand how a positive approach to risk adds value
- Risk managers who are charged with risk framework implementation
- Auditors who have responsibility to provide assurance to the organisation on risk management
- Board members who set risk appetite and tone from the top in their organisation
Key learning objectives
- Explain the difference between risk appetite, risk tolerance and thresholds
- Develop a risk appetite framework and supporting governance processes
- Develop risk appetite metrics and trigger levels for action
- Customise and use risk appetite within your organisations ERM framework
- Establish Key Risk and control indicators based on the risk appetite metrics
- Gain board and executive level buy-in for formalising the organisations risk appetite
About the trainer
High-impact contributor with extensive experience in a range of disciplines including Finance, Risk Management, IT, HR, Strategy, Asset Management, Boardroom management and Business transformation, among others. Well respected professional with 13 years’ expertise in running as well as advising businesses in private and public sectors. Currently
performing in the role of financial and risk advisor to a number of organisations and an expert trainer for the Institute of Risk Management globally.
An out-of-the-box thinker with proven ability to devise wide-ranging solutions for resolving complex business issues including stakeholder disputes, risk management framework issues, financial restructuring etc.
Proven track record in creating a top-notch finance and risk management infrastructure that partners the organisation by providing decision support and reliable management information in a cost-effective and controlled environment.