Operational Risk Masterclass
This course is delivered by the IRM in conjunction with Chapelle Consulting.
From risk environement to risk culture, the course covers in breadth and depth the most topical elements of operational risk management and its challenges for the financial services industry.
Designed by a world leading expert in the field and delivered by highly regarded speakers, the course is a must-have for all the operational risk practitioners wishing to benchmark their practice and discuss best practices. It is also a fantastic opportunity for newcomers to gain a comprehensive overview what modern operational risk managers need to know.
Delegates will leave the course equipped with a new network of practitioners, a wealth of content, additional references and readings.
After the course, participants will know about:
- Identification of emerging risks
- Risk networks rather than risk registers
- Regulation for Operational Risk : Basel 3 and SMA
- Implementing ORM: the invisible framework
- Must-know about cyber security and threats
- How to differentiate and address human errors
- How to use root cause analysis most effectively
- Influencing behaviours for better control
- Benchmark your firm to the best practice in operational risk management
- Risk Reporting and Conduct reporting
- Builing a framework for risk culture change
- Leading KRIs framework for indentification and design
- Scenario analysis and assessment
- Reputation and Resilience
Who should take this course
- Heads of Operational Risk
- Entreprise Risk Managers
- Operational Risk Managers
- Operations Managers
- Internal Auditors
- HR officers
- Compliance officers
* The above prices exclude UK VAT at 20%. If applicable, this will automatically be added when you book on to the course.
About the trainers
Dr. Ariane Chapelle
Ariane Chapelle, PhD, is an internationally recognised trainer and consultant in Operational Risk. Dr. Chapelle is Honorary Reader at University College London for the course 'Operational Risk Measurement for Financial Institutions’ and is a Fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk. In 2018, she designed the Certificate of Learning and Practice in Advanced Operational Risk Management, an accredited course for the Professional Risk Managers' International Association (PRMIA), which she delivers globally.
Dr. Chapelle runs Chapelle Consulting, a training and consulting practice in risk management serving Tier 1 to Tier 3 financial organisations and international institutions, including central banks and UN agencies.
David Lannoy SIRM
David has gained vast experience in risk management over the last 20 years. He has worked in a wide range of sectors such as public service, finance, telecommunication and life sciences.
David holds a Master’s in Political Sciences and advanced degrees in risk management from highly-regarded risk management courses at leading business schools (Vlerick Business School, Ghent, and EDHEC and HEC in Geneva). He is also studying for a Doctoral degree in the field of enterprise risk management.