Vacancy: Marketing Manager, IRM
Institute of Risk Management
Sackville House, 143-149 Fenchurch Street, London, EC3M 6BN
MARKETING MANAGER £42,500k DOE (remote working due to the pandemic, travel to London may be required depending on Government advice)
Full-time basic hours of work are 35 hours per week.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To develop and monitor strategic marketing plans and an implementation strategy which identifies key international markets and the marketing mix to be used to increase market penetration of IRM qualifications, training services, apprenticeships, and associated products.
The target regions are, Africa, ASEAN/APAC, GCC, UK & Europe, US & Canada.
We aim to serve all economic sectors in these regions.
Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Analyse data and intelligence about the regions and sectors in which the IRM is operating or should seek to operate.
- Develop the market knowledge and insight required to deliver value to IRM customers in multiple and diverse markets.
- Improve understanding of customer and buyer behaviour so that marketing strategies and plans can be developed.
- Develop overall marketing plans to implement identified strategies and drive growth in global uptake of qualifications and other services.
- Develop targeted marketing strategies for specific regions and sectors taking into account relevant commercial and economic factors.
- Analyses of regions and sectors to identify new product opportunities and market segments to increase gross income and margins.
- Understand the competitive environment and develop marketing strategies to grow sales of qualifications and other services faced with competitive pressures.
- Assess options for partnerships on a global basis.
Knowledge and skills:
The post holder must have significant marketing experience gained in a commercial environment. She or he might have a post graduate marketing qualification and/or significant experience in a similar marketing role.
S/he must be IT literate, familiar with market data handling and analysis.
Demonstrable experience of successful implementation of market strategies.
Leadership – rallies people round a clear vision, sets SMART objectives, gives and encourages constructive feedback, confronts difficult issues and supports individual and team development through coaching and mentoring.
Strategic focus – steps back to see the bigger picture, focusses attention on activities which deliver key business goals and add most value, develops strategies to ensure the long term sustainability and profitability of the IRM taking into account its changing environment.
Change oriented – embraces change, constantly takes the initiative in finding new and better ways of doing things, encourages innovation in self and others, remains informed about and alert to new developments and learns from experience.
Decision making – collects and objectively analyses appropriate information to make accurate, timely and sustainable decisions which move the IRM forward, weighs risks and has the confidence and courage to proceed on the basis of own judgement and be held accountable for outcomes.
Influence – builds a culture of partnership and collaboration internally and externally, listens to and understands the other’s point of view, plans how to gain support and buy in from others, overcomes obstacles and delivers win/win outcomes to achieve long term success.
Results orientation – plans to deliver outstanding results on time and within budget paying appropriate attention to detail, organises own and others time and uses appropriate tools and techniques to stay on target.
Customer focus – works to understand the needs of the customer and develops effective and creative responses to those needs to build the reputation of the IRM and the loyalty of its customers.
Stakeholder management – demonstrates a good understanding of the IRM’s stakeholders, their competing and changing requirements and the linkages between them and develops networks to deliver positive outcomes for the IRM and enhance its credibility.
Resilience – demonstrates awareness of own strengths and limits in order to continue to cope effectively in the face of stressful conditions and competing demands; treats everyone with respect even when under pressure and is resourceful in overcoming obstacles and barriers.
In the first instance please send a covering letter describing your suitability, skills and experience for this post, along with a CV to: Victoria Robinson, Head of Marketing and Communications: Victoria.email@example.com