- Ensure that we’re at the forefront of safe, sustainable working practices
- Offer expert advice and support across our organisation
- Review our standards and procedures – and recommend improvements
From the rejuvenation of King’s Cross station to Crossrail, Europe’s largest civil engineering project, Network Rail is at the heart of revitalising Britain’s railway. We’re involved in some of the most ambitious and diverse ventures Britain has ever seen, as we transform how people and freight travel nationwide.
Safety and sustainability are key to everything we do – so in this role, you’ll have a significant impact on our work. It will be up to you to assess our risk profile, and minimise these risks by offering expert advice and support to our various functions. Reviewing standards and practices within our organisation, you’ll measure our processes against those of other organisations in safety-critical industries – ensuring that we’re at the forefront of safe, effective working, and recommending improvements as necessary.
- Analytical, structured, strategic approach
- Qualification in a numerate subject – preferably at degree level
- Ideally, experience of developing and applying risk management techniques
- Good grasp of information management would be an advantage
At Network Rail, you’ll have the chance to develop a long and rewarding career. There are many different career paths and many opportunities to fulfill your potential. After all, we believe that investing in our people through training and development is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway.
Network Rail welcomes applications from a diverse range of candidates regardless of background, disability or gender and is committed to creating a workforce as diverse as the communities we serve.
To find out more about and apply, please visit networkrail.co.uk/careers and insert ‘IRC599034' into the keyword search.
Closing date: 27 June 2012.