If you would like to be more involved with IRM activities, you might be interested in applying for a role on one of the Institute’s committees.
Committees usually meet in person four times a year, but occasionally by teleconference.
What kind of people are we looking for?
Our ideal committee member has:
- a high level of personal integrity and commitment to high ethical standards;
- good verbal and written communication skills;
- independence of mind, objectivity and impartiality;
- good analytical skills and clarity of thought;
- ability to work as part of a team;
- a thorough understanding of the core activities of IRM and the environment in which it operates including its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats;
For some committees we also look for specific skills and experience. For example, members of the Education Development Committee are likely to be academics or practising risk managers with an education or quality assurance background.
Who should apply?
We welcome applications from all our members. Because we want committees that are balanced and represent the diversity of our members, we always try to make sure they reflect the different sectors and countries from which IRM members are drawn.
How long do committee appointments last?
Committee appointments are normally made for an initial period of one year with optional reappointment for up to two further years. All candidates need to make sure they can devote the necessary time to their IRM duties and that they have the permission and support of their employer to do so.
If you are interested in being considered for a committee appointment please complete the application form. We are currently recruiting for the committees listed below.